If the Down on a Baby Green Cheek Conure Is White Instesd of Yellow What Mulation Is It Going to Be

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE

Unit 142. Phrasal verbs six upwardly/ down

A

Compare upwards and down:

put something upwardly (on a wall etc.)

√

I put a picture up on the wall.

pick something upwardly

√

There was a letter on the floor.

I picked it up and looked at it.

√

Alan stood upwardly and walked out.

turn something upward

√

I tin't hear the TV. Can you turn information technology up a bit?

take something down (from a wall etc.)

√

I didn't similar the picture, so I took it downwards

put something downwardly

√

I stopped writing and put downward my pen.

sit downward /curve down /lie downward

√

I bent down to necktie my shoelace.

plow something downwardly

√

The oven is too hot. Turn it down to 150 degrees.

B

Knock downwards , cutting down etc.

knock down a building, blow something down, cutting something down etc.

√

Some old houses were knocked down to make way for the new shopping centre.

Why did yous cutting down the tree in your garden?

√

exist knocked down (by a machine etc.)

√

A man was knocked downwardly by a auto and taken to infirmary.

burn down down = be destroyed by fire

√

They were able to put out the fi re before the firm burnt downwardly.

C

Down = getting less

slow downward = become more than slowly

√

Yous're driving too fast. Slow down.

at-home (somebody) down =get calmer, brand somebody calmer

√

Calm down . In that location'due south no betoken in getting angry.

cut down (on something) =eat, drinkable or do something less frequently

√

I'yard trying to cut down on coffee. I drinkable too much of it.

D

Other verbs + downwards

pause down =cease working (for machines, cars, relationships etc.)

√

The car broke downwardly and I had to phone for help.

Their marriage broke downward after merely a few months.

√

close down /close downwards =finish doing business

√

There used to be a shop at the stop of the street; it closed down a few years ago.

let somebody down = disappoint them considering you didn't practice what they hoped

√

You tin e'er rely on Paul. He'll never permit you lot down.

turn somebody/something down = refuse an application, an offer etc.

√

I applied for several jobs, simply I was turned down for all of them.

Rachel was offered the job, but she decided to turn it downwardly .

√

write something down = write something on newspaper considering you may need the data 50 ater

√

I can't call back Tim's address. I wrote it down, merely I tin't find it.

EXERCISES

142.1

For each motion picture, complete the sentences using a verb + up or downwardly . In most sentences you will need other words too.

ane

In that location used to be a tree side by side to the business firm, but we ____ cutting it down. ________________

two

There used to exist some shelves on the wall, but I _______________.

The ceiling was and then low, he couldn't _______________.straight.

She couldn't hear the radio very well, then she _______________.

3

4

5

While they were waiting for the jitney, they _______________.on the basis.

A few trees _______________.in the storm terminal week.

We've got some new curtains, but nosotros oasis't _______________yet.

Lisa dropped her keys, so she _______________ and _______________.

6

7

eight

142.two

Consummate the sentences. Use the post-obit verbs (in the right grade) + down :

calm

permit

take

turn

plow

write

1

I don't like this moving-picture show on the wall. I'm going to ____ take it down. ________

2

The music is too loud. Can yous ____________________?

David was very aroused. I tried to ____________________.

Sarah gave me her telephone number. I ____________________on a piece of paper.

I promised I would assistance Anna. I don't want to ____________________.

I was offered the chore, but I decided I didn't want information technology. So I ____________________.

3

4

5

six

142.3

Complete each judgement using a verb (in the correct form) + downward .

1

I stopped writing and ______ put downward ____ my pen.

2

I was really aroused. It took me a long time to _______________.

The railroad train _______________as it approached the station.

Sarah applied to written report medicine at university, simply she _______________.

Our auto is very reliable. Information technology has never _______________.

3

four

5

6

I need to spend less coin. I'm going to _______________on things I don't really need.

I didn't play very well. I felt that I had _______________the other players in the squad.

The shop _______________because it was losing money.

This is a very ugly building. Many people would like it to _______________.

I tin't understand why you _______________the chance of working abroad for a year. Information technology would have been a great experience for y'all.

7

8

9

x

xi

A: Did yous run into the blow? What happened exactly?

B: A man _______________by a car as he was crossing the road.

12

Peter got married when he was xx, but unfortunately the wedlock _______________ a few years later on.

ANSWER Primal

hendersonfeeirid96.blogspot.com

Source: https://englishexercisesources.blogspot.com/2020/03/unit-142-phrasal-verbs-6-up-down.html

0 Response to "If the Down on a Baby Green Cheek Conure Is White Instesd of Yellow What Mulation Is It Going to Be"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel